Sunday, October 31, 2010

What is an American?

Kamal Bilal
Per. 3
10/21/2010
What is an American?
            What is an American? In book terms an American is a citizen of the United States. But In my eyes an American is someone who has freedom and civil rights. An American is a person who is able to decide how he/she wants to live his/her life. I think that this is the true definition of America because that is what everyone who doesn’t live in America wants. The only difference between Americans and people who live in other countries is that we have freedom, we can make something out of nothing, and we have the ability to do whatever we want (with slight limitations). A true definition of an American is someone who expresses themselves the way they want, because they can.
            America is place of opportunity and the moment I knew I was an American…was today. October, 21st of 2010, the day where I actually took a step back and realize that I am in one of the greatest countries in the world. A country with no rules on what you have to be, a country full of possibility. And on October 21st of 2010, I realized that I am proud to be an American
            

No comments:

Post a Comment